Koolaire - KDT0300A 30" Full Cube Ice Machine Head - 330 lb/day, Air Cooled, 115v
The Koolaire KDT-0300A ice maker head usually produces 230 pounds of ice in 24 hours. It makes full-cube ice, which is ideal for almost any application. Full cubes melt slowly but do not take up as much space in glasses as other ice types. Bins and dispensers for this head must be bought separately. An ice deflector is required when the machine is paired with a bin but not when paired with a dispenser. The exterior has a finish that resists smudges, and the white plastic components in the food zone—the area that houses the components in contact with ice and water—can be cleaned quickly. An air-cooled baffle prevents air from recirculating from the condenser.
To produce ice, the toggle switch on the Koolaire KDT-0300A ice machine head must be turned to its “ice” setting. Old water is purged from the trough, and cold air is blown over the refrigerant lines to cool them down. This design cools the evaporator so that the plate is chilled. Fresh water runs over the evaporator plate, and water freezes in the individual cells to form cubes. Once the cubes are frozen, refrigerant warms the evaporator plate enough to release them.
Note: This unit must be paired with an ice maker bin or ice dispenser.
- 333-lb. ice production capacity
- 230-lb. AHRI-certified ice production capacity
- Food zone can be accessed by removing 2 screws and lifting the door
- Food zone has white plastic that can be wiped clean
- Distribution tube, floats, pump, trough, and water shield are removable by hand
- Exterior finish resists smudges and fingerprints
- Full-cube ice size: 0.875 in. x 0.875 in. x 0.875 in.
- Uses R410A refrigerant
- Air-cooled baffle prevents condenser air from recirculating
- Ice bin or dispenser sold separately
- Ice deflector is required when paired with an ice bin but not with a dispenser
- 4,600 average BTU; 5,450 maximum BTU
- Required ambient air temperature: 40-110 degrees F
- Required incoming water temperature: 40-90 degrees F
- Required incoming water pressure: 20-80 PSI
- Required top and sides clearance: 12 in.
- Required rear clearance: 5 in.
How It Works
- Toggle switch should be turned to "ice," and the water curtain must be closed to start
- Water purge cycle removes old water from the trough
- Fan blows cold air over the refrigerant lines to cool the evaporator
- Water runs over the evaporator plate and freezes as the temperature drops
- Ice thickness float switch shuts off the water flow
- Harvest float switch flips when a sheet of ice has formed
- Refrigerant warms the evaporator plate to melt ice and release it
Dimensions & Utilities
- 30 in. W x 24 in. D x 21.5 in. H
- 9.4 A, 5.9 kW
- 115 V/60 Hz/1 ph
Koolaire KDT0300A Specifications
|Spec Attribute||Spec Value|
|24 Hr. Production (lb)||330|
|Compressor Type||Air Cooled|
|Ice Type||Full Cube|
|Product||Ice Machine Heads|
|Product Type||Ice Makers & Bins|
|Production Range (lb/day)||100-999 lb|
|Warranty||3-yr parts & labor; 5-yr parts & labor evaporator; 5-yr parts & 3-yr labor compressor|